Week 5 of 2012- More VKL

More from Vogue.. the classes: I took four.  I smile thinking about them... The opportunity to speak with knitters who love it as much as I do made me very happy....  The first class was Entrelac with Rosemary Drysdale, the one who wrote a great book on Entrelac with the lovely cover.  We got to see the the entrelac knitting from the cover...Really pretty.
 I did learn entrelac and got to practice "backwards" knitting, so I didn't have to turn the work every row. I made a nice size swatch using Misti Alpaca on a #10, when I got home, I looked at my little dog and realized I could turn the swatch into a coat!     The first class was Saturday morning, grabbed  a quick lunch walked the markeplace and grabbed some more yarn....Jill Draper makes stuff, her Hudson yarn and a bit more from woolbearers.....



Back to class, Chris Bylsma demystified steeking for me... did 2 different versions, adding 4 stitches and knitting through the back loop on all 4, after you are done knitting you crochet up through the middle of the stitches..... If you decide after wards you crochet into the side of a full stitch and leave 2 columns and do it again...  Happily I was able to sell my gala ticket so I could go home and relax.....
 
On Monday I had 2 more classes, ribbing with Cookie A and Cast on Bind off with Amy Detjen...... The ribbing class focused on ribbing as an extension of socks, sweaters mittens.. so the ribbing matches  the pattern.... Interesting. not my favorite though...

Amy's class was extremely entertaining... her contagious exuberance and enthusiasm made this class fly by... I learned the Icord cast on.. which is a bit tricky to get it to have a nice first row... More next time on the lectures I went to........peace...

Comments

Popular Posts