Week 6 of 2012

The lectures from VKL 2012, I attended four lectures, Nicky Epstein who did a lovely slide show of her book Knitting on the top of the world.  Pretty complicated looking patterns, but lots of knitting history.  Debating if I should pick this one up.....


Next was Debbie Stoller introduction to lace,,  major takeaway, never do decrease above your eyelet as it eats up the yarn... the decreases should line up so that the yarn overs "slide" down them....

Kaffe Fassett hosted a great colorful slideshow with photos of his studios, inspiring markets and geometries for his quilts, linens and knitting patterns....

Last but not least was Sally Melville who message to me was, make sure you knit things that you want to wear...even if they are not the most fun to knit... a worthwhile message and she is right.. many fun things to knit are not for me... I wear quiet clothing and bright accessories.

My LYS had a lovely booth  with loads of yarns, needles and book signings.....Dana and Melissa above found a cute doll....and some great yarn too!  Counting the days until VKL 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts