Knitting Hats for Charity

 



Back in 2019, My 100 hat project was profiled by Modern Daily Knitting(MDK), Artist Michelle Edwards painted and wrote about it, and MDK shared photos of the actual knitted hats. If you don't know MDK, it is the brain child of Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne. It started in 2003 as a knitting blog and now an entire world of  knitting, books, stories, yarn, patterns, travel and most of all inspiration! I am so lucky that Kay and I share the same Local Yarn Shop, Knitty City.  Kay introduced me to the Artist Michelle Edwards. I knew that I enjoyed her art but wasn't quite sure what to expect.  This picture of me knitting hats and sitting with my dog Meringue captures the joyful spirit of the project I set out to make. I feel so lucky to have these paintings in my life.  Thank you Michelle and MDK!

These are the two articles:     

The Actual 100 Hats

Michelle Edwards and 100 Hats of Sara Sprung 

                    Michelle makes wonderful art her website and Etsy shop links are below 

                    Michelle's Art Website 

                    Michelle's Etsy shop

 

                    You might be wondering what I have been doing since 2019, besides work, parenting etc. 

In 2020 I sewed and gave away over 700 masks to help prevent the spread of COVID. 

In 2021 I am again knitting hats-100% of proceeds will go to Cancer Research through the 

Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation & Dana-Farber Cancer Institute 

Photos to follow...soon


 



Comments

Popular Posts